Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Poachers Son by Mike Doiron

This book resonated with me because it had your everyday, average character. It wasn't over run with rich people who'd been mercilessly picked on and butchered but a struggling Maine game warden with an absent father and a struggling relationship with his girlfriend.

The best books are books you can relate to and this book felt like there was reasons I could relate.

The detail and story of Mike Bowditch were first rate. The nature of the state of Maine made me feel like I was there in the back woods of the state. It wasn't a complex story and that helps keep a reader like me who doesn't mind the complexity of some novels but in this case this novels easy going styling and fast pace made me maintain interest right up until the twisting end.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. The book sounds really good. Just for your information, though, the author is Paul Doiron, not Mike. I found it though, that's the important thing.

    ReplyDelete