Friday, January 11, 2013

The Hobbit

I feel like I have failed the world of Middle Earth by never really reading The Hobbit or the books in The Lord of the Rings series but I have started on The Hobbit and it is a good start. I saw the movie first and I enjoyed it which sort of pushed me to read the book. I have high expectations but I believe that they will be exceeded. The depth and detail to create Dwarvish and Elvish dialect and then the whole Middle Earth landscape is just a mind blowing experience and to see it on paper is surreal even after seeing the movies before ever reading the books themselves.

Tolkien, eloquently built a fantasy world and made it seem real just in the same manner that C. S. Lewis built Narnia and George R. R. Martin has done with A Song of Ice and Fire. This isn't a post of appreciation on the whole, it's just taking in the whole aspect of the "Fantasy Epic" genre there are possibly others and when it comes to finding those then I'll edit accordingly but right now these 3 are the benchmarks.

I'm not much of a "putting ideas on paper" individual so if it seems abbreviated then I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment