Friday, December 28, 2012

A welcome

This is an introduction to what I hope will be a great start of informally reviewing books. I am not the atypical "I'll read just about anything" reader. I am pretty much stuck in my ways about reading and what type of book I will read.

I first got into the thriller, suspense, mystery genre at a young age reading Tom Clancy, John Grisham and a bit of Michael Connelly. Eventually becoming a full fledge adult (though many people might question that) and reading Vince Flynn. I always found a fascination with military thrillers, legal thrillers. Only since the introduction of the eReader, and then eBooks did I REALLY grasp the whole group and more. Since then I had branched out into other authors and sub-genres like the hottest new genre in my opinion "Scandinavian Fiction" or "Scandinavian Crime Fiction".

I do read some fantasy. I consider myself the Harry Potter generation (the initial publication era of 1999 and not the movie release dates). C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien, George R. R. Martin (what is with initials and the letter 'R'?) are a few of my main interest. It's hard for me to read any type of fantasy, I think when it comes to an 'epic' i.e, The Game of Thrones, Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings, then I'm fine but just casual fantasy really can't keep me interested.

Overall, a good book is key to proper sanity. Sit down, relax, drink some tea or coffee and embrace paper or the digital lifestyle of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment